Today is Thanksgiving! The holidays are officially in full swing and I am drinking my first beer before noon! Hell to the yes! So much to be grateful for this year: A lovely family, true blue friends, my furry babies and you guys!!! Your likes and comments on this blog make my day.
Wishing you a great day of family, food, and football (Go Hawks)!
Here are a few sayings that hit a note with me this holiday weekend:
Sorry to all of you out there for my absence as of late. P and I have slipped into bad habits with our finances once again. Recently we have been spending WAY too much money on wants vs. needs and putting very little of our extra money towards debt.
Sometimes desperate times call for desperate measures: Turning to youtube for inspiration. It may be time to get some tips from a few “musical artists” on how to get my hands on some of this “money” that they all seem to have an endless supply of in their music videos.
1. 50 Cent’s “I Get Money”. Surely “Fity” (am I saying that right?) will be able to share his wisdom of how he gets money and how I can too.
What in the f&*k was THAT?! Fity didn’t say how he gets his money which won’t help me get mine. He just keeps repeating the phrase “I run New York”. As an awkward white girl from Idaho, I have no clue what that means. The only tips he gave me were to have a baby with him and he would right me out a hefty child support check (tempting… but I don’t think I am his type) or to find a magical package of wonder bread filled with dough of the green variety. Maybe I will have better luck with number 2.
2. Abba’s “Money, Money, Money”. I get Swedish people, so this should be helpful.
What WAS THAT?!?! Though this video is slightly more relatable as Abba doesn’t proclaim that they “run Sweden”, and that they are just simply broke. Their advice to increase one’s pocketbook: Marry rich (which that ship has sailed as I already am married and my husband has this weird thing about “seeing other people”) or win a jackpot in Vegas. Hopefully luck will finally be a lady on number 3.
3. Lil Wayne ft. T-Pain “Got Money”. These two seem to have the secret to financial riches with the title of this song.
Okay, let me get this straight. Lil Wayne wants me to rob a bank (which requires way too much planning for my lazy ass) and then he wants me to give ALL THE MONEY AWAY!!!! The only valuable lesson this video taught me is that I am officially old. In the scene where Mr. Wayne in rapping by the door of the vault I just kept screaming in my head “TIE YOUR SHOELACE!”
Apparently my method of watching music videos to unlock the secret to getting rich was a gigantic FAIL.
Hope you are all having a more productive Thursday night than I am.
Today started off rough. Was having a “poor me” day and called my mom to only break down feeling sorry for myself. Then I went to the gym and got a TWO hour workout in. It was the BEST way I could have ended the day!
First day of November has arrived and hope you all had a scary and safe Halloween! I was a bit of a Halloween scrooge this year and opted to stay home and get snuggles from the Hubby and furry babies and watch the first season of American Horror Story on Netflix (it’s interesting).
It occurred to me this morning that I have failed you guys over the last few months with the blatant absence of my “Three Things I Want” posts for the months of September and October. So here is my virtual wish list for this fall of all things I would LOVE to have if I wasn’t in that pesky credit card debt. (Note to Santa: Christmas is next month and I have been a very good goodish girl this year).
1. Throwback Yoga Pants! Loved “Jem and the Holograms” as a kid and these pants for any workout are indeed truly outrageous. Truly, truly, truly outrageous.
2. A warning cry. I actually couldn’t find a place where this sign was available for purchase, so this could actually be a DIY project this fall. Our cat is indeed an asshole and our wine glasses which were once an army strong of about a dozen has now depleted to just two surviving soldiers. I love my Orville but he is one furry jerk.
3. A holiday decor addition with sass. Who doesn’t love “A Christmas Story”. I have always wanted a full sized version of the infamous leg lamp to add to my Christmas decorations. Someday it will happen, but for now a girl can dream.
4. Cold weather Seahawks gear. The Hawks have not been playing up to expectations this year BUT I still love them. I have my jersey but the weather is getting colder. Time to bundle up and still show my support for the boys.
5. A quirky bookshelf. There is no better way to spend a rainy fall day then curled up with a book. All of my books are in boxes out in the garage so it’s time to give them room to breathe in a beautiful bookshelf. Here are just a few ideas that are beyond clever!